Gluscap Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gluscap host server

2 posters

Go down

Gluscap host server Empty Gluscap host server

Post by Lordofoaka Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Gluscap the server host currently existing are doing very similar things that are ruining the total potential the games engine actually has. Soft caps and hard caps should be used as a tool to stop bug abusers from going overboard, not as a tool to keep players who try harder to end up getting the same power as people who didn't try as hard. If a player can get to 1 billion points, they should be allowed to do so. There can be a soft cap, but, it shouldn't be something that changes every time a better player ends up getting on top, and always will. My request, please host a server with x1 gains and no hard cap or soft cap. I cannot host a server because I have to go through two ports that are causing some hosting glitch.

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Gluscap host server Empty Re: Gluscap host server

Post by Solus13 Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Lord the soft cap on the server I am running is far beyond anything that anyone has chance to reach right now. As Ren has said in the thread about the soft cap on the Uncert server it will be going up daily it is just a way to give people time to join the server in the first few days. If you actually manage to hit the soft cap being that it is a few thousand before it goes up tomorrow I will be impressed. I don't want to stop people getting stronger or being rewarded for their time. It is more a precautionary measure just encase something is buggered and I need to sort it out.

Solus13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordofoaka Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:47 pm

Solus13 wrote:Lord the soft cap on the server I am running is far beyond anything that anyone has chance to reach right now. As Ren has said in the thread about the soft cap on the Uncert server it will be going up daily it is just a way to give people time to join the server in the first few days. If you actually manage to hit the soft cap being that it is a few thousand before it goes up tomorrow I will be impressed. I don't want to stop people getting stronger or being rewarded for their time. It is more a precautionary measure just encase something is buggered and I need to sort it out.

When sparring bug is fixed, players will be able to gain again from fighting monsters. I will be capable of gaining a shit load all the way up to 1 Million in all stats, not over night though. I just think soft and hard caps should only be based off the actual limit players will reach in the time it will take them before they start dying. There is nothing wrong with having no cap because there "is" a cap. It is called decline.

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Solus13 Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:58 am

As far as I am aware the sparring bug is fixed but not the mob bug. Did you read my post before you quoted it? The soft cap in place is a transient thing. It is down to the players to voice their opinion on it in the thread about it. Depending on popular opinion it may stay or it may go, but as of right now it is there to give people a chance to join the new server without instantly being super behind.

Solus13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordofoaka Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:26 pm

If someone is super behind, they can catch up in the same amount of time it took the player to get to the top either way. Honestly it just punishes people for dedicating time to the game. If you did that to the economy, do you think that would magically make things better for increasing the tax on someone all the way up to 95% for them being in first place?

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down