Gluscap Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes

3 posters

Go down

Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes Empty Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes

Post by Lordofoaka Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:26 am

When a demon, angel, or human dies from decline at the highest rank possible, it becomes a spirit of different types based on their race. Different races of spirits have different uses and may spectate other players. When a witchcraft level of a player is high enough, they may use a witchcraft skill that allows them to make either a pentagram on the ground to speak with demon spirits. To communicate with the spirits, they must pray on the symbol. They will be able to hear and speak with all the dead IC wise. Here is where things get interesting.

The witch may also with a high enough smithing level, create a Homunculus shell. This body has the same stats as the soul that previously was and will die when the witch dies, but, the witch will lose five years of their own life in order to do this. If the witch does this to a demon, the demon can easily be destroyed by the witch remotely at any time for the demon not listening and the witch will get remaining time back on decline while the demon will be unable to find a new body to go to for the time that was remaining on the witches decline. Once five years of serving a witch is up, the demon may then not worry about listening to the witch with a wait penalty, but, the witch may still destroy them at any time if they need to. This gives the demon incentive to obey their master.

Angel spirits may be trapped in a cats body. The cats are immortal, but, only if their witch dies of old age and they don't have to obey the witch, starting with 1 in all stats as well as super low hp and mp while having a gain of x0.01. These special cats will weaken demons if a demon gets too close, but, not a demon spirit or Homunculus. These cats can talk, but, only the witch can understand and other cats also. Cats cannot have souls stolen from them and once they die, they respawn after a year.

Human spirits may be resurrected as a skeleton with the same amount of power they had before, but, only can live for a year. These skeletons are similar to Homunculus,(random edit. renown will reply in this thread with an opinion against my idea as he gives an opinion against "all of my threads" and never actually reads them as this part will prove) except will not effect the witches decline and can be banished for not listening to the witch, having to wait a whole year in order to come back.

Gains for skeletons and Homunculus exist, but, are that of a rank one angel and follow them through their spirit to carry on into the next skeleton if they are ever summons, especially demons. The witches can see the stats of the demons they want to invite into a shell before they do so, but, not skeletons for humans. This is because demons cost more to place inside a shell.

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes Empty Re: Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes

Post by Gluscap Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:05 am

I had a similar idea to this for when I added the shamanism (dunno if I'll call it shamanism or onmyodou) profession, dealing with shikigami. This is a little different, so I could very well do both.

Some issues I have with this;

(1) I don't really like the idea of them requiring high smithing levels to create a humunculus shell. I understand that its to make it hard to come by, but I'd rather have it be with high witch crafting skills.

(2) I like the cat idea, but not the part about weakening demons. While conceptually its a great idea, I don't feel like it good for the game state. The main races shouldn't be weakened by the presence of other players. I'd be fine with areas that weaken players (since they can avoid them), or other created characters weakening others.

(3) Characters having gains after death. I'm really against this, because on a server with a long wipe, after generations a re-used spirit can be god-like. There needs to be serious repercussions for dealing with spirits that can fight, or gain after death.

Other than that, I like the idea a lot.
Gluscap
Gluscap

Back to top Go down

Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes Empty Re: Witchcraft Ideas involving After Lifes

Post by Lordofoaka Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:18 am

Gluscap wrote:Other than that, I like the idea a lot.

Great pleasure to hear Very Happy

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Post by renowner Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:27 am

Lordofoaka wrote:,(random edit. renown will reply in this thread with an opinion against my idea as he gives an opinion against "all of my threads" and never actually reads them as this part will prove) .

Also the ideas in and of themself are alright, I just have a few problems with the minute details. One, I don't believe they should live forever, as the whole point of the game seems to be to promote generations of children, and everyone being able to do things while dead is going to diminish this. I Also agree with Gluscap that they should have no gains, however i'd also like to take it a step further and say their stats slowly decay over time. With perhaps some sealing abilities to "Banish" Their spirits to the next world.  

This does seem to tie in with the "Summon/spirit/child" option in the creation screen, after all.

By the way, don't give yourself too much credit. If you'll notice I do my best to read and respond to every thread, as I would hope people do the same to mine.
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordofoaka Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:36 am

Fair enough Renowner. The idea about the cats living forever is that the cats don't gain and have no stats. They are just cats. Also I like the idea of being able to banish the spirit or unleash a dead demons spirit in a resurrection. It would give it a feel of "Resurrecting" a super powerful demon. Also these spirits have to be the highest rank in life and die of old age to be spirits in death. If an angel lives 145 years with max rank, they should probably have some kind of reward like that.

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Post by renowner Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:46 am

Well don't forget they get to rest on their high laurels of power, and then potentially have op babehs.
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down