Gluscap Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Gains from Monsters

2 posters

Go down

No Gains from Monsters Empty No Gains from Monsters

Post by Lordofoaka Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:51 pm

The gains on Smd's server were perfect. The catch up mechanism is way to close to DU, but, I really disapprove of it because if it takes the same time for a player to reach the same stats as someone else reached, then, why even have it if it would be pretty much the same before. Sure the numbers end up getting "big", but, it gives players an accurate idea of how long it took someone to get somewhere.

When I host my own 127.0.0.1 server, as soon as I kill a monster, I gain nothing. Before the update, I would gain enough to say that if you afk train, you will get less then someone actively trying to be better then you. I raised gains to 1000 and still nothing from monsters. I made a sword that could do 9999999 damage and went around one hit killing monsters really strong, and still nothing.

Edit: Nobody is online because no one can join the one server we have been joining, at the same time, there is more then one player hosting another server so nobody can migrate within splitting who goes where.

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

No Gains from Monsters Empty Re: No Gains from Monsters

Post by renowner Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:15 pm

Uh. First of all, this place is for complaints about staff only. This would be more for the bug area. Second of all, you don't gain anything for -killing- the monsters. you gain for -fighting- them. Unlike player sparring you gain nothing from being hit by monsters, you do however gain by landing blows, EXCEPT THE KILLING BLOW, onto them. Its a lot like sparring, except its only based on you, and not the enemy's actions. When i'm NPC training, I tend to unequip my weapon so I can trade blows for a few minutes before the beast finally is KO'd.

Or so I noticed earlier, I've not yet had a chance to play update 0.91 yet. But having a weapon that one shots a monster won't ever let you gain stats as far as I've been aware.
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordofoaka Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:37 pm

renowner wrote:Uh. First of all, this place is for complaints about staff only. This would be more for the bug area. Second of all, you don't gain anything for -killing- the monsters. you gain for -fighting- them. Unlike player sparring you gain nothing from being hit by monsters, you do however gain by landing blows, EXCEPT THE KILLING BLOW, onto them. Its a lot like sparring, except its only based on you, and not the enemy's actions. When i'm NPC training, I tend to unequip my weapon so I can trade blows for a few minutes before the beast finally is KO'd.

Or so I noticed earlier, I've not yet had a chance to play update 0.91 yet. But having a weapon that one shots a monster won't ever let you gain stats as far as I've been aware.
I did that, gained no points.

Lordofoaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum