Gluscap Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ora changes

2 posters

Go down

Ora changes Empty Ora changes

Post by renowner Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:04 am

Now don't get me wrong. I'd like to preface this with I love the idea of Oras, their progression, and how they work. I however -do- have a problem with some Oras becoming COMPLETELY useless.  Since Ora 1, and 2 have 0 drain. There's no reason to ever use Ora 1. Since Ora 3 and 4 have the same drain, Ora 3 is useless.  And sine Ora 5's drain can be so low, there's really no reason to ever not use it for every race except maybe pre-rank 2 demons.

So what I propose is a slight revamping of the Ora system. And i'll explain my reasoning for why further.

Ora 1: 1.5x stat gains, can be mastered down to 0 drain.     I feel like this makes more sense because a 1.2x gain is almost nothing, and I still feel like the first ora should be able to have absolutely no drain.  

Ora 2: 2x stat gains, can be mastered down to 5 drain. Still almost no reason to use level 1, except perhaps during training or running around, or teleporting.   I feel like this is a good middle-ground Ora, and as such can be abused by all races and ages equally. I could also be okay with making this Ora's drain 0, except then Ora 1 would be useless.

Ora 3: 2.5x stat gains, and can be mastered down to 10 drain.   This is effectively the current level 3 Ora. A great middle-ground, and still usable by all races and ages, except perhaps childish/unranked larges.

Ora 4:3.5x gains,and can be mastered down to 25 drain.  This is effectively the current level 5 Ora. Somewhat difficult for large demons to use, which is another offset to the high stats of demons. and giving angels and humans another chance to fight them early on, before tier 1 Ora passives. A good all around Ora, but be careful using this and taxing magic.

Ora 5:  5x  What I propose the new ultimate Ora to be. Masterable to 50 drain, this ora will only be usable by the greatest of mana users, and even then if the opponent is skillful enough, or survives awhile, the user will end up drained, and with the Ora cooldown, useless.
Basically unusable by larges and most demons, this Ora will be for the magically gifted, and those willing to master its rampaging inferno of power.  It will give angels the power to contend with ora 3 demons, and could lead to some pretty cool battles if someone masters ora 5 early.

Additionally, i'd like to recommend a system that makes stat gains also become larger as you master the Ora. For instance, Ora 1 only giving 1.2x stats until mastery. and Ora 5 only giving 3.8x stats until mastery, etc.

And finally, to help balance angels more, and to help imply their divinity (especially since ora 5 seems divine, and has angel wings, and ascends humans) get a large one time boost to divinity upon reaching ora 5. perhaps as much as +5 divinity, or as little as +2 to make sure they ascend at least to archangel.  Do let me know what you guys think!
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Ora changes Empty Re: Ora changes

Post by Gluscap Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:16 am

The reason there seems like there is no reason to use the lower level Oras is because they're simply weaker/stronger forms of themselves. The lower oras weren't there to be viable options, they were there for people who couldn't use anything higher. I wanted Oras to be an indicator of strength, "Oh wow, his ora is so strong there is an electric pulse flowing around him!" kinda of thing. However, that was obviously not the case. Oras were relatively easy to master and people zipped through the ora levels before they even had time to get used to the old ora. Its why I was saying I was going to raise the amount of time it took to master oras by a lot(ora mastery gains will scale with server speed). Oras are supposed to be something that you train the whole time you play your character, not something you train first and get out of the way asap.

That being said, I can understand that Oras feel underwhelming and when you master an ora you don't really feel like you have. I'll keep the Ora multipliers as they are now, but add in the system where mastering the ora will increase the multiplier it gives for that Ora level. I remember talking to someone in-game about the drain being too low for Ora 5/4, so I'll definitely raise that to 25/50 when mastered.

As for angels gaining divinity for mastering oras, I likely won't put this in. They've already got a huge advantage in fights when it comes to buffs. No demon will be able to hold an Ora and buffs like Focus at the same time, while Angels will be able to rather easily.
Gluscap
Gluscap

Back to top Go down

Post by renowner Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Well if it'll take your entire character's life to master them, and you're ALREADY weakening human ascension, that also means they'll never really ascend and be useful. And yes, Ora 5 is, as of now, far less draining than even focus. I can keep it up for over 5 minutes straight. and Ora 4 near indefinitely. If there's no trade-offs, there's no points. its just another way to say "Hey my stats are better I win."

Also focus is basically useless and not worth it. Its unmasterable, only ever gives up to a 50% boost in dex, and doesn't scale with Oras. if you have 100,000 base dex, you'll gain 50,000 dex total. Period. Ora 5 or no Ora 5.

So at least making Ora 3, 4, and 5 have trade-offs i'll be happy with. By raising their drains as you said.

But again, making it take twenty to thirty active years. Will be crushing to humans, who need to master all five Oras to even really contend with demons. So don't go overboard on how long it takes, or maybe give some means to train it faster for active players, like throwing in ora points, rpp, or sparring/ self training with it on or something.
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gluscap Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:01 pm

They won't need to master Ora 5 to ascend, just unlock it.
Gluscap
Gluscap

Back to top Go down

Post by renowner Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Alright. And scaling with year speed I Think is a good idea.
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum