Gluscap Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belated bug report

2 posters

Go down

Belated bug report Empty Belated bug report

Post by renowner Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 am

I've held onto these tidbits for some time, as I didn't wanna put too much on Gluscap's plate while he was already too busy. All of these take place on the newest (as of now) Update, and were recorded a month or two ago.

Makyuu, regardless of mastery goes 10% the speed at which it used to. The speed is so low, that its less than a quarter the speed of the slowest mob and/or person in the game. To the point where you can easilly hit yourself with it.  Additionally, when used in combat. A person with four times the opponents resistance in his magic stat did 16 damage. This is in a 1x gains server too, so the values shouldn't be altered in any way. Monsters don't react to makyuu, allowing you to snipe them without drawing aggro for easy drops and mining. And the makyuu burst also doesn't cross the bridge between land and sea tiles.

The rate at which ores respawn seem based on the rarity of the spawn itself. And for the rarest ore spawn, this seems fine. However, since monsters don't draw aggro to you, any player can meditate next to the ore spawn, and mine it endlessly without worry. Low rarity ore spawns respawn nearly ever minute, wheras even if the highest rarity takes five, I can get 6 mines in an hour, semi-afking. While meditating.

Sparring no longer trains magic or resistance. This means the only way to train it is through meditating, or using Makyuu. Since makyuu doesn't train resistance at all, nor does getting hit by it, and trains magic at a very slow pace, this only leaves Makyuu. This is a problem since on the physical spectrum, if you afk train all day, you'll be weaker than those who take the time to fight mobs and spar. However, there is no such thing for a mage. Anyone who afks meditating, will be in the lead for magic and resistance, with no way to bridge the gap. even if sparring isn't intended to raise resistance and magic, we need a way to NPC spar train it, and to player spar train it up. So that people can learn their respective stats at an increased rate, by actively participating in the game.

General human spawning oddities/glitches:

-Rolled 25 decline on a human all 4 times. whereas others can spawn in with 35 or so. and tend to. I believe 25 decline on a human is stupid, because if you make your human at age 15, so he's already inclined. you have ten years to live. that's demon level lifespan (not counting the various demon ways to increase lifespan) So if you don't master your ora and ascend, and even if you do, you live less than a demon in general.  I believe that the minimum human decline should be 30, and if you start at 15, perhaps a few years boost to your lifespan, or just some ora mastery?

-A human spawned in (age 14) with 175 decline, and angel stat mods. (Around 0.68 or so per stat as the mod.)  Nobody was online that was pregnant, so it couldn't have been a child. And I also made sure of that in the edit sheet. He was a pure human. And yet he had angel decline, and angel stats.

-Various times (Its not very common though) humans will spawn in with 7.5 decline ,and instantly die upon training. I'm unsure why this happens, but it even happened to one of my own characters once. It'll say something like you killed yourself, or something. I only knew I died of old age by looking at my edit sheet afterwards.

- As a human nearing my decline my stats all 0'd for no reason once, after just opening the edit sheet while training with ora up.

Belated bug report 02c128e3bc

However the boosts that Ora would give (Stat percentages as well as static ora passive boosts) seemed to apply as if my origional stats were still in place. (Ora boosted stats--->)

Belated bug report Bb6f14b1ef

Miscellaneous bugs:
-The book icon under the Aesthetics verb is now 100 times bigger than it used to be, larger than the player icon, and uncolorable. It used to behave as a book that fit into the player's hand, but now its just a massive tome, that is absolutely unwearable.

-Untested, but after remaking around seventeen times to test how the breeding mechanic was working (already made a post about it ages past) there was a random piece of ore in every bed spawn that I remaked in, but not the ones I didn't. This leads me to believe that if you remake on the bed spawn, you drop a random ore on that tile. It could also have been because outside of the castle, I had dropped around 300 pieces of ore due to my character being dead of old age. (Since I spawned in at age 15 and rolled 25 decline, as I've already mentioned in this post before.)

-If you edit a player's race in the edit sheet, their stats will NOT change until you edit their race back to Human. After turning an event character of mine into a "Spider" race. (So as not to lower an angel's decline if they killed it) And editting its stats up and training, they remained at about 1 each until I Renamed its race "Human."  [Also if you're going to do this, i'd recommend aging it up past 15 and relogging first, so the character doesn't permanently have child gains, even when its not a human it'll carry over.]
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Belated bug report Empty Re: Belated bug report

Post by Gluscap Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 pm

I changed the rate that ores respawn at. They're all about 10x longer spawns. With two new maps being added (will touch on that later) and the game being made to last for long wipes, it should be better this way. I'll also make the aggro range bigger as the ore rarity increases.

Before you had to spar with Aura on to gain Mag/Res, spar with it off to gain Str/End. Changed it so that sparring increases everything.

I'll change the decline age to 30 - 35, cap is still the same but the lower cap is more manageable. I'll also make it so that the older you choose to be the more Aura mastery you have.

Not sure what could cause those bugs to do with spawning, I'll check them out.

When a human is in decline, they have 0 access to their base stats. However they still gain the regular boosts they would get from boosts.

Currently your stats update depending on what your race is. If you change someone's race to Angel from Human, they'll have their stats calculated as if they're an angel. [It'll still be 0 though, as humans have a 0 divinity mod, which will give them 0 stats] I'll change it so that if your race is anything random it'll just calculate your stats normally.

Makyuu was recoded, as well as all the other skills. I'll make sure to test it to make sure it isn't still bugged.
Gluscap
Gluscap

Back to top Go down

Post by renowner Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:29 am

Aggro range isn't the problem! Its the fact that newly spawned beasts don't aggro unless YOU move. So you can simply kill the first and camp next to an ore spot. (Not moving means they won't draw aggro) OR you can do what I do at low levels, and fly/run high speeds to make the mob go offscreen the instant you end up next to the ore, making the mob despawn and respawn for the same effect.

And as for everything else, well done, i'm looking forward to the continuation of this game.

This was also very informative, I thank you for that as well.
renowner
renowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gluscap Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:10 pm

everything fixed
Gluscap
Gluscap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content